CBM Italia cerca un Project Manager per il Niger
CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world. Based on its values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all. CBM’s vision is: “an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential”.
CBM works with persons with disabilities, their families, local partner organisations, alliance partners including UN agencies, global organisations, and Disabled Persons’ Organisations (DPOs).
CBM is also recognised as a collaborating organisation by the World Health Organization (WHO) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Together with its 418 partner organisations, CBM is active in 650 projects in 63 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, and in 2015, reached 38.9 million persons.
CBM Italy Office is currently accepting applications for the post of
Location: Zinder (with travels to Niamey), Niger
Contract Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Contract type: contract with CBM Italy (contratto di collaborazione)
Contract Start: April 2017
Objective: Reporting to the Desk Officer of CBM Italy Office and working in close collaboration with the CBM Country Office in Niger and the Local Counterpart, the incumbent of the position will manage the project efficiently in adherence with CBM policies and procedures as well as donor guidelines (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation – IADC), ensuring quality implementation and achievement of expected results.
Main tasks (in close cooperation with CBM Niger and the Local Counterpart):
- Manage the technical-administrative and financial aspects of project funds in adherence with the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (IADC) procedures as well as CBM financial and administrative procedures;
- Support and supervise the financial management of partner’s project contribution;
- Prepare financial and narrative reports in adherence to IADC procedures, in collaboration with the local coordinator, CBM Italy Desk Officer and CBM Niger Country Office;
- Create a monthly control mechanism, according to IADC procedures, in collaboration with financial and administrative manager as well as CBM Niger Country Office and CBM West Africa Regional Office staff.
Project Organization and Coordination
- Manage the implementation of the project in collaboration with the local project coordinator, through continuous monitoring and supervision, ensuring compliance with IADC procedures;
- Provide technical assistance on Agriculture and Food Security to the project and partners;
- Participate in meetings at the Embassy of Italy in Niamey (next opening in plan), CBM Niger Country Office and other coordination forums related to the CBM fields of work in Niger;
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with local authorities, NGOs, UN Agencies and other relevant stakeholders;
- Participate in meetings, relevant working groups and cluster meetings on Food Security, Disability and related topics;
- Collect, produce and send information and communication material as requested by CBM Italy Desk Officer;
- Organize and facilitate M&E missions for CBM staff and donor’s visits;
- Undertake field trips to monitor activities (in accordance with CBM Safe & Security rules).
Professional Profile and Requirements:
- University degree in Agriculture or Master Degree in Agriculture and/or Food Security;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience within international NGOs or humanitarian organizations, preferably in developing countries. Experience in management and coordination of IADC projects would be an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in working within NGOs’ financial and operational frameworks;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of M&E procedures, project proposal formulation and reporting;
- Experience in working and/or travelling occasionally in insecure areas, following strict safety & security protocols;
- DRR is an added value;
- Knowledge and/or experience in Inclusion of Persons with Disability is an added value.
Personal Profile & Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of French, working knowledge of English and Italian;
- Strong computer skills;
- Intercultural knowledge and sensitivity;
- Excellent communication and strong relationships building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Result oriented;
- Problem-solving oriented;
- Customer oriented;
- Ability to manage change.
The future job holder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for the appointment.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 March 2017 at the latest, with email subject “Application – Program Manager – Niger”.
Applications should be written in English and include the following information:
- a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why s/he wishes to work for CBM;
- CV (max 3 pages);
- contacts of three professional references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.